Okay this is the recap of what happened on Saturday, 24th March.
Scenario
Joint Celebration of Birthdays – Me & Jess
Venue
Finnegan’s Bangsar
Guest List
The Usual Suspects
Details
So it was pretty cool really to celebrate my birthday at a pub in Bangsar. Made me seem all hip and happening. ;) Oh why is it a week late you may ask? That’s because I was sick the week before so had to postpone it. But it work out well as Jess just came back and so we can celebrate together.
Don’t think I have so much fun on my birthday since couple years ago when a bunch of us drove down to Malacca. Imagine 5 girls finishing off a bottle of Chivas! Then running down the streets like headless chickens and making so much noise. Lol. Those were the days.
Anyway back to the story I’ve ordered a bottle of Jack Daniels this time and some snacks to errr… snack on. Everyone was having fun, talking, eating and drinking. We’ve played a few games like ‘chai mui’ and the celebrity name game. It seems the guys were pretty bad at these games. :P The birthday cakes were totally a nice touch. Baked and decorated by Rach and Vky, it turns out pretty cute and delicious.
The main attraction of the night was really unexpected. They misinterpreted my wish to be wasted on the night as literally be wasted! I just wanted to be high and feel the buzz. Too late. So Rach and Vky, the two sly conspirators, bought the “Flaming Lamborghini” for me and Jess. I remembered my college friends drinking it before and it looked scary to me then. Urghh.
How does the drink look like? Well the bartender places a cocktail glass first, then the ice tongs, and stack up shot glasses on top of it. He lights the Kahlua in another cocktail glass and pours the flaming concoction over the shaky structure. You have drink it super fast from the straw. As you sip you’ll feel the poison burning down your throat and innards, suffocating you in the process. And it’s not over yet! The bartender quickly pours down the second drink, Bailey’s Irish Cream, which taste like a failed yogurt experiment. You know milk trying to turn into yogurt but it went wrong. So as you try to gulp down the creamy disaster you’ll feel like the drink is boiling, cos’ it is as the fire is still going strong and heating up the residue. After you finally finished the kamikaze drink, wait for 10 minutes and the effects will kick in. You’ll feel like your body’s on fire, head pounding like a sledgehammer and heart beating as fast as the techno music. That is unless you’re a seasoned veteran drinker like Jess, who looked like she had camomile tea instead with no effects whatsoever.
But all and all it was a good night. Definitely a night to remember for the years to come. So Flaming Lamborghini anyone? Gladly pay for it if you wanna try. ;)
2 comments:
I seriously wished I was there Nat!!! Felt that I've missed out a lot. Bloody hell, we gotta really have fun this weekend at Lan Kwai Fong! And what abt the cakessss...why is it that I never had Rach & Vcky baked one for meee? They are so cute!!! *Hint*Hint*
Hahahaha err I don't think we're allowed to bring cakes or food to HK right?? Yeah I wish you were there too. But you're always in our thoughts. :]
Woohoo Lan Kwai Fong! But I'm gonna drink more fun stuff like margaritas or martinis. No more KO drinks for me. ;)
Post a Comment