Last Saturday was quite an eventful day. It all started with Xiu wanting to go see a local band. A local heavy-metal rock band to be exact. You must be thinking that Xiu interested in heavy-metal music is pretty strange. But there's a story behind this. A very long story that I will cut short by giving a summary:
Xiu was on a plane alone to Jakarta to meet up with her bf.
She sat in one of the last rows.
Unknowingly she was sitting close to a bunch of people playing a word game.
The way they played it was hilarious and as Xiu overhead it, she begin to giggle.
One of the member then started to strike a conversation with her.
They were a local band going for a gig at Jakarta.
Later when she was back, she found out that they were the band called Love Me Butch (L.M.B.)
So to show support for them, she wanted to go for one of their live shows. As turned out, last Saturday there was a gig at Zouk, KL. Thus after work, we rushed over there. Only to realise there was no food served there and we were definitely hungry as we haven't had lunch yet. There was no nearby cafes so we had no choice but to wait till we can go in the club and hope there will be food inside.
Anyway, there were quite a number of people waiting around the club as the event will only start at 3pm. Then I slowly notice something. Me and Xiu were the only 'pork-lovers' there. Do you get my drift? And most of them were guys in their 20s, wearing rock or street-smart clothing. And it seems to be in the fashion to sport long-sleeve sweaters, scarfs and most peculiarly, cloth bags. You know those environmental-friendly bags that you're encourage to use when shopping so that you can minimise the use of plastic bags? I think those bags are great although I don't use it myself. But seriously, I'm not going to carry it around like it's the hippest thing since low-cut jeans and iPhone! And it was guys toting it! Not girls, no siree. Guys! Straight guys (I think!).
Btw people, we are staying in a hot and humid climate. There's no four seasons so you don't have to worry about the cold weather or if it's going to snow. So unless you're going up to Genting or going in the cinema or karaoke rooms, why do you need sweaters, jackets or scarfs??? I was just wearing T-shirt and jeans, and I felt hot already. Seeing them all bundled up makes me feel even hotter! And again it's only guys doing this. The girls are all pretty normal in nice tops and jeans or skirts. So maybe there's only something wrong with the malaysian guys there...
Finally, we can go in the club and grab a table. No food served. And no alcohol will be serve also during the event. Just great. We basically survived by drinking lots and lots of Coke. Plus another surprise was there will be other local bands performing before L.M.B. And all were Malay rock bands into loud, heavy-metal music. While they were playing their brand of music, there were few members of the audience being lifted up above the head level and passed around like beach volleyballs. There were also some idiots in front of us, who loves to dance wildly like they were possessed or high on drugs, and kept bumping our table, threatening to knock us over.
After listening to 2 1/2 hours of mind-numbing music, at last it was the band, L.M.B.'s turn. Me and Xiu were so excited, or more like relieved! Have to admit their music were much better than the bands before them. It could be because they rocked out in English or we were biased because Xiu knows them. Anyway, after bout 10 or 15 mins they were done, and we got out like bats out of hell.
We drove to KLCC where we had a fantastic lunch/tea/dinner/survival meal. After that we went shopping at Zara where I got myself a fabulous dress for May's wedding dinner and Xiu got herself a snazzy scarf for her upcoming overseas trip. I made her promise not to wear the scarf out in the Malaysian weather or when we go clubbing! :P
All and all, it was an eventful day indeed!
-- Below is the video I took of the band. It's not that clear as I was using my handphone and it's really dark in there.
Barricade - L.M.B.
No comments:
Post a Comment