Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2003, 2005, 2007, 2009 and maybe 2011?

You know what I think I deserve the credit for starting the Melaka once-in-two-years all-girls trip tradition. Cos it started way back in 2003, when I decided I wanted to go to Melaka with the girls, booked a room at Hotel Puri and celebrate my birthday at the Geographer pub. We also went to Discovery cafe and started writing on the journals. Still remember the fact that me, Rach, Siew May, Vky and Jess finished the whole bottle of Chivas that night! God, we were so young and naive back then. We believe that the world is our oyster and we can conquer anything.

Then 2005 was the Pukies Pies Trip (named by Rach!) and we started the theme of everyone wearing the same colour tops. No idea why Pink becomes Pukies Pies though. As I recall the trip was for CL before she moved to HK for good. So it was me, Rach, Siew May, Vky, Xiu and CL. I remember the most is they all perm my hair and Rach said I do make up like I was in kindergarden - that is colour outside of the lines.

Next is year 2007, The Glamorous Greenies theme - me, Albert, Siew May, Vky, Xiu, CL and Jess. It was the first time without Rach and we felt her absence. We basically did the same thing and I still have the video of Albert shooting the video of CL, Xiu and me doing our makeup!

Now is year 2009, the White theme with me, Albert, Siew May, Vky, Xiu, CL and new members - I-May, Kelly, LK and Ping Ying. Total 10 people and it's the biggest group ever! This time we took more photos and they were some funny moments.

Esp Albert with his dumb blonde moment:
Albert: "Hmm is this a hairdryer?" (talking to himself while using the hairdryer)
Me and CL doing our make up and ignoring him.
After a few mins... we suddenly hear the sound of the hairdryer being turn up higher.
Albert: "Ohhhhhhh"
Me and CL laughing hysterically!! We can't believe he didn't know to turn the knob from low to high on the hairdryer!!!
Totally classic moment!

It was a lot of fun at night when we went to the bar to drink. Geographer was full so we went to the opposite bar called Ringo I think. Well the owner's name is Ringo. There we did a surprise birthday celebration for the May babies - Albert, I-May and Kelly. We also got the singers to sing a few songs we know and we applaud them like we are supporters in American Idol. Some of the girls and a guy really went crazy, but we were just enjoying ourselves. :P

So it's been 4 times for the past 8 years, how will it be in 2011? Will there be more people? Or will everyone be too busy with their lives, getting married and having kids that they won't have the time to go to Melaka anymore?

I'll definitely be there in 2011, how bout you?

5 comments:

White Lily Devil said...

i had a moment of thought at the end of our Malacca 2009 trip. Should we still stick to malacca or maybe travel else where in yr 2011... I won't say for sure, but i'll try my best to be there :D Cheers!

Zeta said...

i wld definitely want to join for the next trip n hope i can. in fact, im thinking if we cld hv it next year instead.

RL said...

it was supposed to be Pinky Pies... but well, consider the fact that i curse so.....much... it became PUKI PIES..anyway, thanks to Nat for starting the Melaka thingy... When i come home after all the paper work is done... can you girls promise this trip too???

RL said...

as for Albert.... that was one classic moment... keep it up Birdie!

Kathryne said...

I'll definitely join in if it's within my ability to do so. :)
I had the same tot as Xiu...how abt somewhere else? maybe a longer trip like, 3D2N? Penang? n it need not hav to be 2-yr-once thingy. how abt next year? make it an annual trip instead. A trip where all of us are singles, and 25!

But Malacca is a nice n strategic place. Not too far n not too near. Just nice. dont mind going back there again. I love those pineapple tarts, dodol, n gula melaka tht we bought fr the shop! kakakakka

Rach! of cos u MUST join us when u r back! It's an ORDER!