Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Lost little lamb...

Yo, what's up?

Just realised I hafta at least update the blog twice a week to keep it alive, man. Definitely don't want to let it die of a natural death, well not so soon anyway.

A little bit lost and a little bit blur this morning. Possibly due to the fact that I've only slept around 2am. Staying up to watch the telecast of 'The Golden Globes Awards 2005'. It's great that finally Leonardo Dicaprio won the Best Actor for 'The Aviator' while Hilary Swank grab the Best Actress for 'Million Dollar Baby'. Haven't see the two movies yet, although the first one is already shown here. But I wonder if 'Million Dollar Baby' will make it to our shore, something like 'Monster' which were never shown in our cinemas even though Charlize Theron won an Oscar for it. FYI, 'Million Dollar Baby' is not about the million dollar or about a baby. It's about Hilary Swank who aspires to be a female boxer coached by Morgan Freeman. That's all I know, not sure if it's fiction or based on a real-life story.

Some people might find it crazy that someone would stay up so late just to watch the awards. It's not like it's a groundbreaking science discovery or important international news coverage or even in-depth interview with Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston on their marriage breakup (this is huge news in the US apparently).

Does it really matter that you see it instead of just finding out the winners list from the newspaper? Well, I can't explain it. For a self-confessed TV addict, it's a resounding "Yeah!"... I do hafta watch it. It's the same thing with the football fans who hafta watch the SuperBowl to the soccer fans who wouldn't miss the World Cup.

It's the same sort of unexplained, but undeniable addiction. Not sure if there's a cure for it. Don't really think I wanna be cured from it. Everybody has their own quirks and oddball antics. This is mine. And I don't intend to change it. So there.

No comments: