Friendship. It's such a simple word. But it has so many layers and meanings to it. It can be beautiful or ugly, warm or cold, fragile or strong, uplifting or depressing. As interchangeable and unpredictable as the weather, especially with Global Warming these days. It's how you interpret it. Or how it interprets you.
Close friends in school or college who you thought you'll always be friends with, either have grown apart or they have even become practically strangers. Others you barely knew then, or who you thought were stuck ups or snobbish turn out to be the nicest people you know. Guess that's the way life goes. You think you have everything figured out, only to have the rug being pulled under you.
Yesterday night conversations with friends shed a new light to things I've almost forgot. Like how hot tempered I was last time. How I took everything way too seriously. Of course I've toned down over the years. At least I did learn from my past mistakes. Come on, I mean I'm only human, and I never said I was perfect. Who is anyway?
Someone told me a long time ago that I've taught them the true significance of friendship. It's something that I'm really proud of. And I hope that I'll never lose this virtue.
3 comments:
Hmm... I supposed "stuck up" + "snobbish" was a reference to me..hehhe.
I completely agree with you on the part whre you mentioned about how our bosom buddies during school days would become strangers in our life and vice versa. It was beyond our wildest dream/ imagination that me & you (whom have never shared a word of in school) would cross paths and become the best of friends like 8/9 years down the road.
On the same token, I've also not expected friends whom I called bosom buddies in school would drift away and become perfect strangers.
I think I can write a whole book on experiences like this, be it love/ friendship. Well, what can I say, life is full of suprises.
well you and imay actually... hehhe.
if you told me one day that i would be 'chee mui' with you, xiu, may and rach, i wouldn't have believe it. esp you cos we're so different.
albert, after all our ups and downs we're still closer than before.
life is really strange at times. guess that's how they keep us on our toes. btw can i co-wrote on your book? :P
uh oh the quizzes are back.. tho it would be fun if there is a blog thats only on quizzes that one takes :)
Post a Comment