Friday, September 21, 2007

How I went hungry for JC

Seems I've been neglecting my blog lately. My body hasn't quite adjusted to the waking up at the break of dawn and sleeping by 11-something at night. No matter what I do I can't seem to get enough sleep. Urghh...

Anyway I was suppose to give a brief summary of Jacky Cheung concert at Bkt Jalil, 14th Sept. All in all it was a great concert. His voice was excellent from the start to the end, befitting the title of God of Song bestowed on him. Although they say the title has been passed on to Eason Chan to carry on the mantle, and JC has been elevated to an even higher level. Can't remember what it is though. Ok, anyway in between songs he shares with the audience the stories regarding his childhood, family and career, which was nice and sweet. He totally sang his heart out and the fans loved every moment of it.

But me and xiu went hungry for his concert. We simply couldn't find people selling food outside the stadium and when we went in we realise the food stalls are only available for audience sitting in different tier. Arghhh. We settle for a piece of cake and ice-cream. Then it started to drizzle a bit but luckily didn't rain or we'll be drenched. There was also an irritating couple sitting in front of us. The pesky duo kept being lovey-dovey and clingy to each other the whole time! I know it's none of my business but they were taller and thus totally blocked our view of the stage (our seats were on the flat ground). I got backache from straining to see Jacky!

Overall it was a masterclass performance from a seasoned pro. That's why they say old is gold, and in this case I agree 100%!

1 comment:

White Lily Devil said...

Aww..
Nat, thanks for everything...
Promise this will be the 1st n last experience of hunger due to attending a concert! EVER! hehehe..
p.s : effective if only i'm 1 of the participant! or it'll be out of my control.. ;)