Ok, this is not something that I will willingly admit out loud. Shrugging it off nonchalantly is my best weapon of defense. What am I talking about? Being the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and sole member of the club S.A.D.A.H. It's the acronym for Single and Desperate (the usual fare) and Hopeless (my unique characteristic).
I think it was still fine when I was single in my early-20s to mid-20s. Everyone just say be patient and your time will come. You can't rush these things. And now when you hit late-20s your friends are suddenly becoming even more concerned than you are, and are offering suggestions in how to find a man. It warms my heart to know you guys cared so much. But it also serves to remind me how dire my situation really is. Of course I'm not dumb I know the situation perfectly, yet I tried not too dwell too much on it. Cos' it freaks me out big time.
Ah, the "Hopeless" part. It's scary cos I've never 'pak tho' before. I don't know if I'm able to survive in a relationship. Being alone and independent for my entire life, will I be able to submit to my partner's wishes or to compromise in certain matters. And will I get used to the fact that everything I do or want to do, has to be reported to 'him' first.
Usually people says, "There's light at the end of every tunnel". But I don't see no light for me. It's just dark and gloomy with few skeletons lying about.
3 comments:
~ there's nothing wrong in being
independent, just as long as u
know how 2 handle things n once
in a while being dependent is
actually not that bad as well...
makes him feel important...
~ NEVER SUBMIT to ur partner's
wishes UNLESS and JUST AS LONG AS
ur comfortable with de idea.. nvr
make submitting a way in a
relationship...a big NO NO...
~ u DONT hav 2 REPORT to him 1st
unless ur willing 2 do so... if u
wan some privacy every now n
then, then try not 2 make
'reporting' a habit in de 1st
place.
Like de whole world says... Ur time will come...So don panic...i think tat u have heard too many horror stories bout relationship tat its actually freaking u out..
~ u don hav to prepare ur self for
a relationship.. it'll come
naturally.. its bout being
comfortable with someone.. with
the added dub dab dud dab ( heart
pumping ) n the occasional
wanting him 2 get under ur skirt
thingy.. hahaha...
vky, the du dub du dub n 'get under my skirt' thingy sounds more like LUST to me..aahhhh...
Nat, chill chill..u r not alone. i've known ppl who r elder than us n they r still very much single n enjoying every bits of it. i think being single is kinda sexy at times ;). try not let the occasional panic strike gets too much into ur blood stream n just stay believe in God always hv plans for us :).but of course, we hv to do our part as well.
wah i never expect so fast and positive responses from you guys! thanks! will keep your advises in mind when the next panic attack strikes! :P
Post a Comment