I have this weird habit. I read somewhere before that a lot of people are afflicted like me too. At all times I must be occupied doing something. If I'm at work naturally I'll be working and sometimes take a break by surfing the net. If I'm eating alone for lunch, I'll either be reading a book or watching videos on my ipod. If I'm in my room, I could be watching the TV and/or be online on Facebook or other websites. In short, I cannot stand silence or just sit there doing nothing.
Which means I'll be pretty bad meditating for yoga cos' I can't free my mind at all. Millions of thoughts will run through my head. And those thoughts more than likely would be pessimistic or depressive. This got me thinking, is it just me or when other ordinary people start being introspective (i.e a reflective looking inward : an examination of one's own thoughts and feelings), they will usually find a lot of flaws and faults in their life?
Unless you're Oprah Winfrey, the richest Talk Show Host ever, then you can be pretty much satisfied with what you've achieved right? A true story from rags to riches. Another great example will be JK Rowling, a self-made multi-millionaire. But she herself gone through a period of serious depression when she was a struggling single mother trying to make ends meet.
So does anyone else really think happy thoughts when they're alone?
1 comment:
oh my God nat.. i thought nobody thinks as much as I do. You have no idea how tiring this is. think think think think even when its not necessary. Probably that is why I dream so much.
Post a Comment