Thursday, June 05, 2008

So can my salary increased by 40% as well?

There's been rumours going on for days that petrol price will go up. But I didn't really believe it. It's just speculations right? I seem to remember during the election period the Govt said they wouldn't raise the prices of petrol and electricity this year. I thought I was hallucinating that statement but I've just confirmed with my colleague and she heard that too.

God, how bloody naive I could be?

The petrol price will see an increase of 78 sen effective as of 05th June - a massive jump from RM1.92 per litre currently to RM2.70.

So let's see what's the effect:

I pump RM 50 petrol = 26.04 Liter

after petrol price increase

pump RM 50 petrol = 18.52 Liter

This means for my one week of petrol usage instead of paying RM 50 I must fork out RM 70.

Old Price
One week : RM 50
One month: RM200
One year : RM 2400

After Price Hike
One week : RM 70
One month: RM 280
One year : RM 3360

The difference that would cost me yearly is RM 960!

Omg, this is crazy!!! At least Thailand raise their petrol price little by little as not to shock their citizens too much. But our Govt just cut off the subsidies just like that and increase by 40%! Do you want us to walk or cycle to work?? If it's possible I would take the public transport but everyone knows how bad it is here. I have to waste few hours waiting for the bus and it doesn't even connect to my office, and the scary part is the risk of getting rob, kidnapped or killed. Well you are also expose to danger when you drive but at least you have the safety and comfort of your car.

Mee goreng, roti canai, electric and petrol all increase price already, so can my salary increase as well to cope with all the rising prices?

No comments: