Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Don't let anyone bring you down

My blogs tend to be dark and depressive. It's never what I've intended it to be. But if there's anything bothering me and I need to get it out of my system, I'll put it in my blog. It's kind of therapeutic in a way. Cos once I've put it down in pen and paper (more like typing it on my keyboard :P), I can push it aside and not let the bad thoughts linger on.

The other day, a classless rude old bitch said something unpleasant in front of my face. She probably did not mean it, but like all stupid people she did not think before she blurts out her equally stupid remarks. Why didn't I confront her? Why didn't I let my infamous temper out on her? One, it was not the time and place for it. Two, you know everyone has their own weakest point, and if you just lightly touch it, that person will crumble down instantly. So that's what happened to me. FYI, I'm not being overly sensitive because the person next to me felt indignant on my behalf too.

Anyway, even though I think I should have stand up for myself, but it was good that I've walked away gracefully and not stoop to their low level. Instead of making the situation uglier, I believe that I took the high road and kept the peace.

Next time though, I'm not going to let anyone put me down anymore. You can still be cool, calm and collected while defending yourself righteously, right?

No comments: