I guess it's a lot harder to keep updating my own blog than I thought so at first. First off, I did not want it to be just a personal rant-and rave blog where I just talk about myself all the time. Where's the fun in that? And I might just as well keep a diary and hid in the furthermost corner of my stockings drawer. No, I wanted it to be intellectual, thought-provoking even. But who am I kidding? Especially since my target audience is just 2, well maybe only 1 person. And a close friend at that. Hmm... maybe I should start e-mailing people and tell them to check this out. But then, more people, more readers, more commentators... Can I just direct them to give me good news, good reviews only? Well, that's really what President Bush did anyway.
On right to the topic for discussion today. Everyone out there (except the nomads in Siberia) has heard of the latest disaster - Hurricance Katrina that totally wiped-out the whole city of New Orleans off the map. Obliterated thousands of homes leaving millions of Americans becoming refugees in their own country. This is a natural disaster that has been predicted earlier by one of the most technology-advanced nation in the world. But, alas there was no evacuation planned for the poor, and mostly black residents of the poorest and most ill-prepared state in the US.
Check out the mind-blowing and totally frank Newsweek article, 'How Bush Blew It', to get a clearer picture of what I'm talking about. How the self-acclaimed take-charge War President wasted 4 days after the aftermath before actually doing something to help his own people, drowning or starving in his ignorance or indifference to their plight. The most incompetent, uninformed (doesn't read newspaper or watch the news channel), narrow-minded and just plain idiotic President of the most powerful country in the world of the century.
I do hope that America wakes up from their slumber, from their isolation, from their conservative mindset, from their pretty bubble wrap, and see from their own eyes what the rest of the world have known all this while. That they have elected and re-elected the worst possible candidate ever to run their country. And that they have to live with that fact for 3 more years.
No comments:
Post a Comment