Thursday, October 13, 2005

Changes are a Part of Life

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less travelled by. And that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost -


I have not been able to update my blog these couple of weeks. Been busy, busy as a bee. I guess crossroads has and will always be a huge slice of my life. Just met a fork in my winding road, and I decided to risk it by taking the one less travelled by. Or at least, the one that my family does not really agree with. But when does your family truly approve of what you do anyway? Why is that? Because I chose to be a copywriter. To them this is an unstable or volatile job; unlike you know being a sales executive or marketing manager I suppose. And all those myths and rumours about being in the advertising line, well it’s all true. Low pay, long hours. But do you know what makes the difference? The fact that I have nice colleagues and boss to work with, and trust me that is such an important point.

The main question is: Am I creative enough to be in this line? Don’t have the answer to that yet. So far so good. And I’ve always like creating and playing with words. It is an exciting and ever-changing industry to be in, and the atmosphere is like being in a pressure-cooker sometimes. This happens when there’s a deadline to make or the fickle pickle clients, who keep changing their mind 24/7.

But I’ve reached a quarter of a century already. Really got to figure out what I want to do with my life. Can’t keep on floating around in the air, cos’ sooner or later end up drifting into oblivion. And that is a very scary thought.