Date: Saturday, 27th January 2007. Mission: Getting decent hair cuts and highlights
Accomplices: Me and Albert.
Venue: The Balinese-style salon in Low Yat Plaza
After braving through the prickling heat and numerous traffic jams, we finally arrived at Low Yat Plaza. You won’t believe the amount of people on the roads today. Shesh. Albert almost ran down a few of them trying to get in his way to cross the street.
So following on his lead we zigzag across the mall till we end up in a quiet inconspicuous corner. I was confused at first cos the salon looks more like a Balinese spa place than a salon. The décor is pretty cool though, very different from your usual run-of-the-mill hair salon.
Got introduced to the hairstylist of the day, Louis, who turned out to be really nice and friendly, putting me at ease. First up, choosing the colour for my highlights. He suggested ash green, I rejected it cos green is so not my colour. And I’ve always done light brown or copper red, so this time I wanted it to be just red. Striking but not too bright.
The highlighting process was pretty cool. He did the usual putting on the colour and wrapping it with aluminium foil. But after only 20 minutes, the shampoo girl told me my hair can be wash already. That was fast I thought. So I was surprised when she rinse off the chemical colourings then towel dried my hair. Next she applied this sticky heavy substance on my hair, which was the treatment for the colouring. I was left at the basin for like 30 minutes till it was rinse off and my hair shampooed and conditioned. This is the first time I dyed my hair where they provide after colour treatments for it. I like it!
Next up, it’s time for my haircut. I like the new style that he did, just that it wasn’t something new or different compared to my old styles.
Conclusion:
Highlights: RM 140
Hair cut: RM 60
Total: RM 200
The fun experience of getting styled by a skilled senior stylist and the satisfaction of a new cool style: priceless.
"There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard."




3 comments:
Nat, I've finally bookmarked ur blog.:) nice hair cut. it's very contemporary and "HK-nese" hehhe...one more reason why u should like HK.
finally!! :)
woohoo my hair so in with HK people!!! yayyy!! :D
don't think the red colour will last till april tho. lol.
nat dear... if u save rm2 a day, till 10th april u r able to break ur piggy bank and have another colouring session with the louis! `wink `wink ;P
nice hair cut, great highlight!
-XXL/Alex/White_lily_devil/k'tryn-
Post a Comment