Wednesday, January 31, 2007

shopaholic addict anonymous

Hi. My name is Nat and I'm a shopaholic addict. *chorus of hi nat in the background*

I used to think that this problem only affected my fellow friends, like RL, CL and XXL (haha their nicknames actually rhymes with each other). but lo and behold, I nearly fainted after seeing my credit card bills yesterday! I kept skimming through the purchases and trying to recall what I bought. and also kept adding the numbers to make sure it tallys up to the total amount.

so let see. T-shirts and corduroy pants from Zara. yupp they were really nice clothes that I gotta have for CNY. then some lingerie that I need. two swipes at the petrol station. california fitness monthly fees. airasia flight tickets. but all these stuff are considered essentials right??

sigh. I read a book before where the main character says how great it would be if her credit card statement was mixed up with somebody else. preferably an old lady who doesn't check the bills and blindly pays for it. then she would only pay for the other bills that is considerably less than hers, you know maybe a can or two cat food for the old lady's cat. wishful thinking huh? I can't remember what's that book title. but it's really funny!!

anyway from now on, I'm gonna watch each and everything that I spend. keep track of my dough and all. hmm didn't angeline told me she wants to go for body massage this weekend? arghhh... nononononono!!!

seriously I need help. or some intervention. something.

4 comments:

RL said...

Oh boy.... you are one of us too somehow... cant deny that now Nat. Sucker!!! Welcome to the family. You know you're also a shopaholic in need of help. So many beautiful things to buy...so little money to spend. ahhhh

RL

nat said...

umm that comment does not help me at all!!! *sob* *sob*

it's ok. the first step to beat the addiction is to admit that I have a problem. now on to the second step -- budget, budget, budget!!!

daydreamers said...

1st step : discover
2nd step : admit
3rd step : b4 i could budget, I'm already Brr-ok! Girl, u r sooo lucky!
hahaha...
-XXL-

p.s : since u r 1 of us, v shall acknowledge u s NATL! hahaha

Agent Socialite said...

Nat, now I know which shopaholic buddy to call to make me feel better abt my spending lifestyle.

Don't worry Nat, you don't have to travel this road on your own. Remember MJ's song "You are not alone....dah dah dah" :P