Tuesday, January 01, 2008

An Unexpected New Year's Celebration

Okay, the title above is credited to Albert. That's because he was the one who suggested it when I said I'm going write bout the night's activities in my blog. Why is it unexpected? Well mainly because everything was planned at the last minute and was pretty spontaneous. It's all thanks to Xiu really cos she was the one who called everyone and arrange everything. Good job!

Started out with a nice, quiet dinner at the Italian restaurant in Klang. Just me, Xiu and Albert, he was of course late in picking us up (as usual) so we ended eating at 9 instead of 8pm. But the food was great and the atmosphere cosy. We finally had the chance to drink the wine given by Rach, before she left. I like it!


Then we were off to RP, the club at Hyaat Subang for the countdown. We made it there by 11.20pm and got us a bottle of Chivas. We thought the rest Jess, Vky and Benny wouldn't make it in time but they arrived at 11.45pm, luckily.

10, 9, 8 .... 1! Happy New Year!! Wooohooo!! It's finally 2008 and everyone started hugging everyone else (in the group not outsiders!). That's when the wonders of modern technology works its magic as we started calling friends not there to celebrate with us. It was great hearing their voices and knowing that though we're far apart, we're making efforts to stay in touch and remain close.

After that, that's when the party's getting started! We move downstairs nearer to the dancing area, where the action is. As usual I mostly sat there, drinking the Chivas coke and people-watching. Hope that my happy feet buds will do their own dancing and leave me alone. Well they did for half an hour I think. Yet later they still managed to drag my reluctant two-left feet to the dancing floor to 'shake my booty' so to speak. :P It went okay, I guess... Anyway, the whole night I had two glass of Chivas coke but didn't pass out or puked. Awesome! ;) The girls and guys kept bottoms-up their glasses though and by two hours the six of us had finished the entire bottle of one-liter Chivas!



It was a good night I dare say. Everyone enjoyed themselves and we started the new year of 2008 with a bang!

P.S - Rach, I've talked with Xiu and May and confirmed that last year for New Year's Eve we all watched a movie "Night at the Museum". So that time where me, you and CL sat in a kopitiam at KP and drank orange juice cos we can't get in the karaoke was on Christmas eve last year! I win! :)

3 comments:

Agent Socialite said...

U guys seriously had more fun than me. The weather here was soo cold that the countdown was cancelled at this place we went. So, naturally we didn't realize it hit 12.00a.m. And most of us (including me) dispersed and went back home right after that...how pathetic...

RL said...

It's great that all of u make it for the countdown! My first new year here was horrible.(How can there be fun without you guys around?) Watching everyone getting hugs from friends makes me misses you guys even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's painful!

Glad it all went well. Have a Happy & Healthy New Year! *hugs*

nat said...

Awww!!!

Believe me when I say all of us misses you two a lot also!! Like I say though we're far apart, you're still always in our minds.

*HUGS*