I've finished the book! Just took me bout 2 days. At first I wanted to read it slowly, savouring each and every chapter. But I couldn't resist it anymore, I just had to devour the novel as soon as possible. Couldn't even put it down the whole of Sunday.
The final book was everything I've thought it to be and even more. The plot was unexpected but expected as well. Definitely it has the most exciting, action-packed and touching moments in it. All of the unanswered questions are finally answered, and all the pieces of the big, complicated puzzle just fall into places neatly.
When I flip to the last page I was both elated and dismayed - elated at the way the story has turned out but dismayed that the series was complete. I fell in love with Harry when he was a scrawny, bespectacled 11 year-old orphan boy, unloved and unwanted by his relatives. He has no idea he was a wizard, that he can do magic and that he was the most famous person in the magical world, as he was the Boy Who Lived after being attacked by the evil Lord Voldermot. I read how he learned about magic, make friends and struggle with homework. How he finally accepted his destiny to be the reluctant hero but was never tempted by power, fame or fortune. Yet Harry was very human, he has his own flaws and he made costly mistakes. J.K Rowling created a character who you really want to love and root for, and not surprisingly admire for his bravery, pure heart, and his unshakable sense of always doing the right thing.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is just the fitting finale. A salute to J.K Rowling for wrapping everything up beautifully. The entire Harry Potter series will and always be my favourite books ever! And do you know this Pottermania has been compared to being second only to Beatlemania 30 years ago?
After 10 years of living and breathing Harry Potter, it is now time to say good-bye. No more of waiting for the next book, no more of wondering whether he'll live or die. Sigh. The only thing to look forward now, is the last 2 movies adaptation.
1 comment:
oo oo tell me what happen.. I don't care if it will "spoil everything". I'm all for spoilers. Im not that big a harry potter fan.. so Im not gonna buy the book and I don't want to wait another two years to know what happen. I know I can search the net. But you know you like telling HP (which btw, also stands for Hewlett Parkard and Hush Puppies) stories :) and I don't mind hearing from you :)
Post a Comment