Saturday, May 03, 2008

Janice's My First Concert 08 in KL






How do I rate Janice's concert? I'll give her 4 out of 5 for pure effort and heartfelt sincerity! But she still needs more confidence and experience and develop more of a stage presence. Of course it's not fair to compare her on the same level as Sammi, Eason or Jacky Cheung, but she still needs that something extra to boost up her performance. Her live voice is not as clear and beautiful as her CD voice.

The audience also not a lively and excited bunch. They only got more passionate screaming Janice's name halfway through the concert, especially when she sing other artiste's songs like Stephanie Sun and Sandy Lam. She sang really well actually, almost as good as the original. Yet I was hoping she would sing a Sammi's song cos' Sammi's is her biggest idol and she regretted didn't had the chance to go to Mi's concert last year. But she should stop singing Leon Lai's songs cos 3 of his songs is definitely an overkill.

At the end, when she sang Lei Ka Chut Chou and Tai Kor, the audience went wild! I thought I did record Tai Kor with my phone but I guess I forgot to press the button or something. :P Sheshhh...

All and all, it was a pretty good concert to go to! Although it didn't get my heart pounding, pulse racing or me screaming like a schoolgirl (e.g for Sammi's or Eason's), it was a valiant performance for a newcomer. I look forward to her new album and better stuff from her!

4 comments:

Agent Socialite said...

i hope that's not why u like janice. cos she idolised sammi too..hehhehe...:P

nat said...

Hehh no laaa. I really like her voice and her songs! If not i won't go to her concert right??

:)

Agent Socialite said...

and i just realized u were wearing the T-shirt I bought. when I first glance at ur pic, I was like..hmm.. nice T but unlike sth nat would get. Only realized after awhile that it was the T I bought u!! It looks nice!!!!!!

nat said...

I was hoping you would notice it without me telling you!

Was waiting for a special occasion to wear it... so Janice's concert was a good time to show off the T-shirt! *Grins*

It's a T-shirt I would buy myself cos it's so cool! Even Albert said it's a very nice Tee and fits me well! And he's wondering if you'll get him sth too for his birthday... I told him to dream on la...hehhe...