Monday, May 05, 2008

A self-confessed addiction to concerts

I just realised today on my way home from work that I've spent almost a fortune for concert tickets all these years. It all begun when I was 18 for my very first Sammi's concert and I remember I got the RM150 ticket! It was a great birthday present for myself as it's just before my 18th birthday! That's a lot for a school kid who saves up all her allowance money to afford it, but it was worth every cent. It was a mind-blowing fantastic concert and it started my love addiction for going to concerts!

In chronological order of all the concerts I've been to (just guessing the ticket prices tho!):

  1. Sammi Cheng Live in Malaysia 98' - Rm 150
  2. Andy Hui & William So Live in Malaysia 99' - RM110
  3. Guang Liang & Pin Guan Concert 2000 - RM 100
  4. Sammi VS Sammi 04 Concert - RM 160
  5. Leo Ku + Miriam Yeung CNY Concert in Malaysia 2006 - RM 80
  6. Eason Chan "Get A Life" Concert in Malaysia 2006 - RM72
  7. Sammi Show Mi Concert 2007 - RM 220
  8. The Year of Jacky Cheung World Tour 2007 - RM 268
  9. Janice My First Concert 2008 - RM 88
Grand total: RM 1248

Whoa!! That's a staggering amount of money! Not enough to buy a LV but still I could get a PSP or Nintendo Wii... A lot of stuff actually.

But the thrill and excitement of going to a concert and enjoying every second of it, it's priceless. Life is so routine day in day out, so sometimes you need something out of the ordinary just to break the stagnant circle. And seeing your favourite star on stage singing your favourite songs - it's a great form of escapism. Just for a few hours, you can get away from reality and immerse yourself in the sheer pleasure of sensational music performance!

Okay, these are some cute questions I've asked Xiu after Janice's concert:

  • Which is the best concert you've been to?
  • Which concert you've enjoyed the most?
  • Who would you see again and again in concert?
Obviously, my answers were Sammi, Sammi and Sammi! *Smiles*

And Xiu's were Jacky, Jacky and Jacky.

So what about you?

2 comments:

may said...

eerrrrrr... mmmmmmmmmm.. i dunno, linkin park.. no... mmm aerosmith.. hmm nahh, gee..mmm... sorry there isnt one in particular. but if moulin rouge does a stage show here i'll definitely go. beauty and the beast (without the ice please). romeo and juliet. west side story. les mis. i miss oliver cos it was all the way in genting and freaking expensive... lazy ass

Would be nice if they can cut down on the musical side tho :)

White Lily Devil said...

Amazing Jacky!
Brilliant Jacky!
Cool Jacky!
Diva Jacky!
Excellent Jacky!
Fabulous Jacky!
Gracious Jacky!
Heavenly Jacky!
Impressive Jacky!
Jovial Jacky!
King Jacky!
Leading Jacky!
Marvelous Jacky!
Noble Jacky!
Outstanding Jacky!
Prominent Jacky!
Qualified Jacky!
Remarkable Jacky!
Superb Jacky!
Tremendous Jacky!
Unbeatable Jacky!
Vivid Jacky!
Wonderful Jacky!
X-ceptional Jacky!
You r d 1 Jacky!
Zillion Jacky!